February 6, 2009
Struggles
I have always felt that I was one of those "lucky" people who know what God wants them to be doing and haven't had to wait to hear from Him. I started school, realized psychology was my calling and went for it. I just knew. But lately, I have really been questioning what the next year is supposed to bring. Maybe it's just because this "section" of my life is coming to close...or maybe I really need to stop and refocus. For the longest time I have wanted to complete my schooling. I was going to graduate with my BA and move immediately into my Masters. Why not? Seems logical right? Put it off now and things like kids will just interfere and I will never get it done - or by the time I am ready to finish the MA I will need to do serious upgrading. However, recently the notion of going back to school just is not appealing. At the moment, going to school, writing papers, and reading is just a daunting task. I don't want to be doing! And to think of doing the same thing for another three years? Yuck. So what then is the answer? Do I not go back and attempt to find a job (which isn't easy with only a BA, especially if I want something in my interests). And then there is also the fact that we want to start a family sooner rather then later. So taking time off and not doing that seems pointless. We aren't getting any younger. So then I should finish the schooling so that I can start a family and get a better job....oh the circle of "what if's" and "shoulds" and "wants".....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Always remember God is sovereign...
Post a Comment